Landlord And Tenant Law Manchester

Swears & Certificates

Here at Robert Meaton & Co, we can carry out certifications and swears for private individuals and small businesses engaging in employment abroad.

The most common tasks for Certifications and Swears:

  • Preparing and witnessing powers of attorney for use overseas
  • Dealing with purchase or sale of land and property abroad
  • Providing documents to deal with the administration of the estate of people who are abroad, or owning property abroad
  • Authenticating personal documents and information for immigration or emigration purposes, or to apply to marry or to work abroad

Some of the many documents for Certifications and Swears include: UK Birth, Death and Marriage certificates, UK Civil Partnership Certificates, Certified copies of Birth, Death, Marriage and Civil Partnership certificates issued by the General Register Office, Death Certificate issued by a UK Coroner, Certificates of no impediment, County Court documents, Change of Name Deed poll.

The Solicitors Act of 1974 prevents fraudulent papers.

The Solicitors Act 1974 prevents any unqualified person (i.e. persons other than a solicitor, barrister or duly certified notary public) from directly or indirectly, drawing or preparing for fee, gain or reward, any papers on which to found or oppose a grant of probate or letters of administration.

Translated identity documents must be provided.

If an identity document is provided in a foreign language, you must obtain a translation of that document, certified by a Notary Public.

The importance of affidavits would be read to all witnesses.

The possible consequences of giving false evidence would be explained to the witness. Before the witness signs the affidavit he or she must have read it or the solicitor have read it over to the witness.